Welcome to my blog where I write about Vaguely Phyisics Related Matter, I hope you enjoy it :)

Saturday 12 July 2014

Geneva in London!

Around Christmas last year I went to the science museum with my Dad to visit the Hadron Collider exhibition there and it was really good! Actually probably the best exhibition I've ever been to and better than the museum in Geneva! The exhibition had the perfect balance of bits to read with bits read to you and was pitched at a really good level. I found it very interesting and my Dad could still follow it. It was exciting! We got free badges! We took selfies! And of course I got to feel all clever when I recognised an equation of two, that were mostly on the wall for decoration, and explained what they meant to my Dad!

I remember really enjoying the quote from Paul Dirac: 'In science one tries to tell people, in such a way as to be understood by everyone , something that noone ever knew before. But in the case of poetry, it's the exact opposite'. And quite ironically that sentence is poetic in itself!

It is slightly embarassing for CERN that this was so much better but then this year the group visiting from Nottingham were allowed down into the tunnels and I think that would have made the trip more worthwhile. This was my post about my visit.

At the science museum we also had time to look at the 3D printing exhibits and I was really impressed with the wide range of applications for this technology. It was something I had heard of but not really considered before, it seems so futuristic!

No comments:

Post a Comment